Previously I had a very specific idea of the way I wanted people to participate – through a portrait. Yes, if you are still interested, we can still do that, and please read below for details.
But I also want to interact in different ways.
First, please leave me comments! What better way to communicate than through the ease and quickness of comments.
Also, if you are an artist, or if you just simply LIKE to make art, collages, photos, drawings, ANYTHING, and you are interested in having an ART DIALOG, please contact me. If we can email .jpg files or mail actual pieces back and forth, and add or respond to each other through art, I’m totally game!
If you have interesting articles, podcasts, art, events in the LA area…. I want to hear about them!
You can email me at TheMRIProject@gmail.com.
You can follow me on Twitter @ashmt
You can follow me on Instagram @ashmt
So what do you need in order to participate in The MRI Project?
– a desire to create an interesting image.
– an MRI image, either the actual film (of which I can take a photo) or the image on a CD (of which I can have a copy or transfer files).
– time and the ability to meet with me to take your portrait. I’m Los Angeles based. I do get around SoCal, so San Diego or Santa Barbara areas aren’t difficult. San Francisco/Bay Area may be arranged. I’m from Texas, so I get back there regularly. I look for excuses to get to NYC/Tri-State area. Even if you’re not in these areas, contact me if you’re interested and we can brainstorm a solution.
– willingness to sign a release form so that I can share your image.
– willingness to complete a short survey. The survey includes briefly discussing your diagnosis, what lead to it, feelings regarding the MRI process, feelings regarding your body, and if you feel there is a stigma related to your diagnosis. You may share as much or as little as you want, but I ask that you share something – 1 or 2 sentences. I’m happy to talk with you about it in advance if you like.
Please contact me at TheMRIProject@gmail.com to arrange a time and date for a photo session.